Essential chain braceletRegular price $50.00
- Gold chain link bracelet
- 14K gold filled
- 9x3mm drawn cable chain
- 6" with 1" extender
- From ABLE (Nashville, Tennessee)
- Handmade in Nashville
- ABLE is an ethical fashion brand that employs and empowers women as a solution to end poverty
- ABLE publishes their lowest wages in order to give consumers a clear choice to protect the people making their products
All of scrap metal from the protection process is collected and sent off to a refinery that melts it down and processes it into new pieces of wire of sheets of gold and silver
- ABLE has moved away from some of the harsher chemicals used in the jewelry manufacturing process to use natural solutions (such as citric acid instead of sodium bisulfate)
- ABLE sources from US-based vendors for visibility into each vendor's ethical and sustainable standards
- Sustainable Values: #2 Responsible use of resources, #3: Sustainable materials, #6 Combat climate change, #7: Safe, livable, dignified employment, #9: No animal cruelty
APPAREL MEASUREMENTS (U.S. inches)
Sustain·ability. The ability to sustain balance between resources and consumption. Applying it to the fashion industry, it means minimized environmental footprint, ethical and socially responsible manufacturing, and responsible and circular consumption.
Our values are derived from the Higg Index and the Sustainable Development Goals set by the United Nations. The Higg Index, developed by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, is the industry’s assessment tool for environmental and social impact through the value chain.
1. TRANSPARENT SUPPLY CHAIN
Operate with a traceable and transparent supply chain. This holds brands and suppliers accountable to the same standards.
2. RESPONSIBLE USE OF WATER, ENERGY, AND CHEMICALS
Consume water and energy responsibly and limit the use of toxic chemicals and pesticides. This preserves our natural resources, protects our eco-systems, and fights climate change.
3. SUSTAINABLE MATERIALS
Use materials that are biodegradable, such as cotton, silk and linen. These materials are durable and can be returned back to the earth after their life cycle.
4. NATURAL & ORGANIC INGREDIENTS
Use ingredients made without toxic chemicals that are harmful to our health and well-being.
5. NO WASTE
Limit the amount of clothing in landfills by adopting the use of recycled or up-cycled materials and a no-waste production policy.
6. COMBAT CLIMATE CHANGE
Actively committed to reducing carbon footprint and limiting environmental impact.
7. SAFE, LIVABLE, DIGNIFIED EMPLOYMENT
Provide economically empowering and inclusive work opportunities that promote sustainable economic growth for the community.
8. LONGER LIFETIMES
Extend the number of times a garment is worn by allowing it to be rented, traded, or re-purchased.
9. NO ANIMAL CRUELTY
Responsible and humane treatment of animals.
Give back to the community and environment, whether it’s time, resources, or dollars.