Plantable sending hugs cardRegular price $6.00
- Plantable greeting card
- Card: plantable seed paper, envelope: recycled kraft paper
- Greeting card contains seeds that can be planted to grow wildflowers
- Blank inside
- Card: 4" x 5 1/4"
- Envelope: 4 3/8” x 5 3/4"
- From Thoughtful Human (Oakland, California)
- Designed and made in California
- Made from biodegradable eco-paper that is made from 100% post-consumer recycled materials collected from schools and businesses (no trees harmed in the making!
- All envelopes are made with 100% recycled kraft paper (50% post consumer waste)
- The cards are printed with water-based inks (~80%). the remainder of the ink is pigments, which are tested by a 3rd party lab to ensure they do not leave harmful residues in the soil
- The seeds are all non-GMO and also tested by a 3rd party lab to ensure they are free of noxious weeds
- Zero waste, plastic free
- Sustainable Values: #1: Transparent supply chain, #3: Sustainable materials #4: Natural and organic ingredients, #6: Combat climate change, #7: Safe, livable, dignified employment, #9: No animal cruelty
- Planting instructions on card
APPAREL MEASUREMENTS (U.S. inches)
Sustain·ability. The ability to sustain balance between resources and consumption. Applying it to the fashion industry, it means minimized environmental footprint, ethical and socially responsible manufacturing, and responsible and circular consumption.
Our values are derived from the Higg Index and the Sustainable Development Goals set by the United Nations. The Higg Index, developed by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, is the industry’s assessment tool for environmental and social impact through the value chain.
1. TRANSPARENT SUPPLY CHAIN
Operate with a traceable and transparent supply chain. This holds brands and suppliers accountable to the same standards.
2. RESPONSIBLE USE OF WATER, ENERGY, AND CHEMICALS
Consume water and energy responsibly and limit the use of toxic chemicals and pesticides. This preserves our natural resources, protects our eco-systems, and fights climate change.
3. SUSTAINABLE MATERIALS
Use materials that are biodegradable, such as cotton, silk and linen. These materials are durable and can be returned back to the earth after their life cycle.
4. NATURAL & ORGANIC INGREDIENTS
Use ingredients made without toxic chemicals that are harmful to our health and well-being.
5. NO WASTE
Limit the amount of clothing in landfills by adopting the use of recycled or up-cycled materials and a no-waste production policy.
6. COMBAT CLIMATE CHANGE
Actively committed to reducing carbon footprint and limiting environmental impact.
7. SAFE, LIVABLE, DIGNIFIED EMPLOYMENT
Provide economically empowering and inclusive work opportunities that promote sustainable economic growth for the community.
8. LONGER LIFETIMES
Extend the number of times a garment is worn by allowing it to be rented, traded, or re-purchased.
9. NO ANIMAL CRUELTY
Responsible and humane treatment of animals.
Give back to the community and environment, whether it’s time, resources, or dollars.