Somerset dressRegular price $198.00
- Gingham puff sleep dress
- 100% organic cotton
- Ankle length
- Smocked bodice
- Triple tiered skirt
- Elastic arm cuffs to be worn on or off the shoulder
Our Pre-Rented pieces are part of our Brooklyn shop rental program. They are all eco-friendly cleaned and like-newSIZE NOTES
- From WVN (Santa Cruz, CA)
- Designed in California and made in India
- WVN is a Certified B Corporation. Certified B Corporations are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. B Corps are accelerating a global culture shift to redefine success in business and build a more inclusive and sustainable economy.
- Lyocell is an eco-friendly wood pulp fiber
- WVN uses low impact dyes without the use of harmful chemicals. These dyes have a high absorption rate, which decreases the use of rinse water and produces less waste.
- WVN consciously crafts its garments in a Fair Trade Certified™ factory in India and employ fair labor practices with its partners in Nepal. Fair Trade Certified™ factories must adhere to rigorous social, environmental and economic standards to protect the health and safety of the workforce.
- All WVN garments are sewn by adults who are paid a living wage for their wage
- Sustainable Values: #1: Transparent supply chain, #2: Responsible use of resources, #3: Sustainable materials, #7: Safe, livable, dignified employment, #8: Longer lifetimes, #9: No animal cruelty
- Machine wash cold with like colors or hand wash cold
- Tumble dry low
- Do not bleach
APPAREL MEASUREMENTS (U.S. inches)
Sustain·ability. The ability to sustain balance between resources and consumption. Applying it to the fashion industry, it means minimized environmental footprint, ethical and socially responsible manufacturing, and responsible and circular consumption.
Our values are derived from the Higg Index and the Sustainable Development Goals set by the United Nations. The Higg Index, developed by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, is the industry’s assessment tool for environmental and social impact through the value chain.
1. TRANSPARENT SUPPLY CHAIN
Operate with a traceable and transparent supply chain. This holds brands and suppliers accountable to the same standards.
2. RESPONSIBLE USE OF WATER, ENERGY, AND CHEMICALS
Consume water and energy responsibly and limit the use of toxic chemicals and pesticides. This preserves our natural resources, protects our eco-systems, and fights climate change.
3. SUSTAINABLE MATERIALS
Use materials that are biodegradable, such as cotton, silk and linen. These materials are durable and can be returned back to the earth after their life cycle.
4. NATURAL & ORGANIC INGREDIENTS
Use ingredients made without toxic chemicals that are harmful to our health and well-being.
5. NO WASTE
Limit the amount of clothing in landfills by adopting the use of recycled or up-cycled materials and a no-waste production policy.
6. COMBAT CLIMATE CHANGE
Actively committed to reducing carbon footprint and limiting environmental impact.
7. SAFE, LIVABLE, DIGNIFIED EMPLOYMENT
Provide economically empowering and inclusive work opportunities that promote sustainable economic growth for the community.
8. LONGER LIFETIMES
Extend the number of times a garment is worn by allowing it to be rented, traded, or re-purchased.
9. NO ANIMAL CRUELTY
Responsible and humane treatment of animals.
Give back to the community and environment, whether it’s time, resources, or dollars.