Merino moss half mitts, blackRegular price $55.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Black arm warmers
100% fine merino wool (mulesing free)
- Thumb holes
- Ribbed edges
- Unisex, one size
- From Dinadi (Lalitpur, Nepal)
Hand knitted in 9.5 hours by women directly employed by Dinadi in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- 100% fine merino wool yarn responsibly sourced from South Africa
- Yak down is combed once a year from the yak’s winter coat and praised to be one of the most sustainable fibers available.
- All Dinadi yarn is repurposed to ensure nothing goes to waste. Scrap yarn is used for sewing tags or is sent with the product as a strand of mending yarn. Yarn not suitable for Dinadi designs is used in its zero-waste collection design and sold locally in Nepal.
- All Dinadi product boxes and hang tags are made from local Lokta paper – an environmentally friendly paper made from the bark of a fast-growing bush that grows in the areas of the Himalayas not suitable for farming. Lokta paper is handmade and sun dried; no machines are used in the process.
- All Dinadi employees are paid a living wage, meaning knitters are paid at least twice what comparable companies in Nepal pay. For employees with children, Dinadi pays an extra 25% of their salary towards schooling for themselves or their children.
- Sustainable Values: #1 Transparent supply chain, #3: Sustainable materials, #4: Natural and organic ingredients, #5 Zero waste, #6 Combat climate change, #7: Safe, livable, dignified employment, #9: No animal cruelty