Philosophy and Values
We believe that fashion is power. It lends strength to our individuality, creativity, and courage.
We believe that fashion is global. It is an extension of our shared humanity.
We believe that sustainable and ethical fashion is the only future of fashion.
We believe that sustainable and ethical fashion is accessible.
Our values are anchored by our love of fashion and our commitment to protecting our planet, our communities, and ourselves.
- Be sustainable. We all need mother earth. We all have a responsibility to protect her, for us and for future generations.
- Be kind. We respect all the humans we interact with by treating them with transparency, fairness, honesty, equality, and dignity.
- Be weird. We celebrate everyone’s individuality. Every diamond shines differently.
- Be global. We are not defined by our borders, our languages, or our food. The thing that truly binds us is our humanity and the planet we share. Travel continuously, explore often, and always break down borders.
We focus on brands that meet one or more of our 10 Sustainable Values. Our values are derived from the Higg Index and the Sustainable Development Goals set by the United Nations. The Higg Index, developed by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, is the industry’s assessment tool for environmental and social impact through the value chain.
- Transparent supply chain: Operate with a traceable and transparent supply chain. This holds brands and suppliers accountable to the same standards.
- Responsible use of water, energy, and chemicals: Consume water and energy responsibly and limit the use of toxic chemicals and pesticides. This preserves our natural resources, protects our eco-systems, and fights climate change.
- Sustainable materials: Use materials that are biodegradable, such as cotton, silk and linen. These materials are durable and can be returned back to the earth after their life cycle.
- Natural & organic ingredients: Use ingredients made without toxic or harmful chemicals that are harmful to our health and well-being.
- No waste: Limit the amount of clothing in landfills by adopting use of recycled or up-cycled material and a no-waste production policy.
- Combat climate change: Actively committed to reducing carbon footprint and limiting environmental impact.
- Safe, livable, dignified employment: Provide economically empowering and inclusive work opportunities that promote sustainable economic growth for the community.
- Longer lifetimes: Extend the number of times a garment is worn by allowing it to be rented, traded, or re-purchased.
- No animal cruelty: Responsible and humane treatment of animals.
- Philanthropy: Give back to the community and environment, whether it’s time, resources, or dollars.