CONSIGNMENT PARTNER FAQ
What is a Rue Saint Paul Consignment Partner?Here’s how it works:
- Join the Rue Saint Paul | Sustainable Collective as a Consignment Partner at no cost
- Send us the products you want to sell through our Brooklyn and/or online store
- You are paid 60% of your total in-store and online product sales
- Payments are made to you monthly
- The 40% we retain goes toward credit card processing fees, packaging, our time and effort in listing the products online, and helps us keep the lights on at the shop.
Why should I become a Consignment Partner?
At Rue Saint Paul, we understand the struggles of launching a new brand or product. Your funding is tight, you’re managing a million to-dos at once, and you’re worried day and night about whether the products will sell. For new brands or products, becoming a Consignment Partner with Rue Saint Paul is a great way to launch your product into the market.
- Flexible retail: Online is great, but (surprise!) people still shop and discover brands in-stores. Fairs and pop-ups are expensive and stockists give you little control. Become a partner and give your brand its own Brooklyn showroom, without the expensive lease and operational hassle.
- Sell what you want: Be in control and sell directly to customers. Test out new products, make money from samples, clean out last season's stock, move online inventory, or sell your latest season. The choice is yours.
- Give your online store a NYC showroom: Become a Partner and let our store be your brand's showroom. Sick of online returns or abandoned carts? Send your online shoppers our way and they can touch, feel, and try on your beautiful products in-person.
- Social media content: With over 9,000 Instagram followers, our posts get a lot of sustainable loving, eco-conscious eyeballs.
- Free /discounted access to special event and pop-up space: Want to host a special event or a holiday pop-up in our shop? All brands in the collective have first dibs on the space and Consignment Partners get to use the space for a discounted rate.
How much does it cost to become a Consignment Partner?
There is no cost to become a Consignment Partner.
How do I become a Consignment Partner?
If you would like to become a Consignment Partner, simply fill out and submit our Sustainable Collective application. We will be in touch in a few days.
What types of brands can become Consignment Partners?
We curate sustainably and ethically conscious lifestyle brands that align with one or more of our 10 Sustainable Values derived from the Higg Index and the Sustainable Development Goals from the United Nations.
We ask that brands must meet at least one of our 10 Sustainable Values. You can tell us which values represent your brand in the online Sustainable Collective application.
We welcome both U.S. and international brands.
How do I send my products to the shop?
Brands in the New York City area can bring their products directly to the shop. Other brands can ship the products directly to the shop. Shipping costs to and from the store are the responsibility of the brand.
What products can I sell with Rue Saint Paul?You choose the products you want to sell. You can test out new products, sell your samples, sell last season, or this season.
For clothing, we suggest 5 – 7 styles in 2 of each size. For other products, we suggest 5 – 7 SKU’s and 2 of each item. We suggest sending us max of 30 SKU’s.
We do reserve the right to refuse sale of any products if we deem the product(s) to be offensive, inappropriate, and/or do not fit with our values.
Can I change the products I consign with the shop?
Yes, we recommend you swap out/add new products at lease once a month.
How often will I be paid for my sales?
Brands receive a monthly payout of 60% of all brand sales in-store and online. Payments are based on the retail price of the product as determined by the brand. Sales taxes are collected by Rue Saint Paul and remitted directly to the appropriate tax agency. Sale taxes are not included as part of the brand payout.
How will I be paid for my sales?
All payments will be made in USD and paid via Paypal or another form agreed upon with the brand.
How will you sell my products online?
In addition to placing your products in our Brooklyn shop, you may also choose to include your products on our online shop. If you choose this option, you will need to send us photos, price, and a description of the product. We will ship all products directly to customers.
Can I host brand events or pop-ups at the store?
Absolutely. All Consignment Partners are welcome to use our Brooklyn store for special brand events at a discounted rate. All events must be approved and scheduled with Rue Saint Paul.
How happens when I no longer wish to be a Consignment Partner?
If at anytime, you wish to stop selling your products with us, we will send your products back to you and send you your final payout. Shipping costs are the responsibility of the brand.
What is your return and exchange policy? Will I still be paid if a product is returned or exchanged.
You can review our return policy here. As a Consignment Partner, you agree to sell you products with us under our return policy. If a Consignment Partner’s product is returned to us, we will automatically deduct the refunded amount from any sales payouts for that month.
Being a Consignment Partner isn’t right for us, but we still want to work with Rue Saint Paul. Can we work with you on a membership or wholesale basis?
Absolutely. We want to support as many sustainable brands as possible and there are multiple ways to be a part of the Rue Saint Paul | Sustainable Collective. If you are a brand that has had some successful sales and would like to sell through us as a member, click here.
For wholesale, we only work with a select number of brands. This allows us to dedicate our showroom space to a larger number of Brand Members and Consignment Partners. This also allows us to rotate brands more frequently and give more sustainable brands a chance to connect with our customers.